Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where Did He Go?

Don't step on man hole covers in Kazakhstan. It's not uncommon to find sewer lids that have shifted. I'm not sure if they are ill-fitting or the round metal cover is just too light (they appear to be no more than 1/2 inch thick). One of the teachers at the university warned us to be careful after he fell through a hole when the round sewer lid shifted beneath him. Luckily it only engulfed his leg and not the entire body. Before hearing this story, I was concerned that I was complaining too much about these man hole covers that shift beneath my feet.

1 comment:

  1. wow! so many differences! We go back to Portland in 6 days, and I can't wait! It is interesting to live in a foreign culture, but after a year and a half in Paris I am more than ready to go home!!!

    ReplyDelete